4 Florence Road was built around 1840 by William Warner. Basil Dorsey purchased the property in 1852, moving from his home on Nonotuck Street. Money to buy his freedom was raised in the village to ensure his safety in his travels outside the Valley. His second wife, Cynthia, was the daughter of the Almond Joneses of Pittsfield who are also buried in the Park Street Cemetery. Dorsey died on February 15, 1872.